[SECC] That RTTY Contest, RIP the yL/OM Contest

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 13 10:16:30 PST 2010

My Louisiana friends tell me the CQ WW RTTY is playing havoc with the LAQP.
Acivity on CW is down to 7020.

I listened for a couple of hours hoping to hear some YL's working the
contest and finally last night at 2300 noted KS7YL on 20 but by then she was
just a whisper.  Nothing today (Saturday) excpet for a couple of YL's in
nets on 20.  There was a YL working the RTTY contest but that is it.  The
contest is over tonight at 0200Z.  The last time I entered in 2003 I made 14
QSOs and 2 of those were not in the contest.  This is a far cry from the
days when you could log 120 YL's and could actually call CQ and have them
answer.

Not much I can do otherwise as the ice and snow on the beam won't let me
turn it from North anyway.

73 Dave  K4JRB