[SECC] Fwd: NY4N/M NCQP, mobile route

Ny4n at aol.com Ny4n at aol.com
Thu Feb 25 19:23:36 PST 2010

Looks like Becky and I will get to come over and play in the NCQP. Below is
the list of the counties we plan to activate, in the order in which they
will be worked. We have 24 counties on the list, and not sure if we can them
all, but will try. It will be hard for us to get to North Carolina, seems all
highways leading from Tennessee to NC is blocked with rocks. If any of you
guys know of any other road closures in NC, please let me know.

We will be using mostly CW. With the new SSB categories this year, we are
going to try to have one rig dedicated to 75 meter phone all day long. We
will have a rig parked at 3860, but will not call CQ there...will be listening.
Those in-state stations needing a new mult, put out a CQ on 3860, and
hopefully,  we can make contact.

The route listed is one that takes in the fact that the weather will be OK.
We have an alternate route that adheres to more major roads if snow does
fall.

Our main bands will be 40 and 20 m, during the day, and dropping to 80 m
about dark. With 15 meters having been open in the mornings, we will try it
too, especially early in the contest.

Here is the list. Hope to see you on the air and good luck...have fun.

Jeff  NY4N

1. Swain, 2. Graham, 3. Cherokee, 4. Clay, 5. Macon, 6. Jackson, 7.
Transylvania, 8. Henderson, 9. Polk, 10. Rutherford, 11. Cleveland, 12. Gaston, 13.
Lincoln, 14. Mecklenburg, 15. Iredell, 16. Davie, 17. Yadkin, 18. Wilkes,
19. Alexander, 20. Catawba, 21. Burke, 22. McDowell, 23. Buncombe, 24.
Haywood.