[SECC] Dx head in one hour CQ WW 160 SSB

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 28 19:16:21 PST 2010

I heard the following Dx on 160 SSB  between 0515Z and 0610Z Feb 27th.   No
transmit antenna but I did get my single K9AY loop back up and new RG8X coax
attached.  Did not use my Palomar
Pre-selector.  The loop is broadside nne/ssw.

C6AWL S9
ZF2AM  S9 +5
CR2X sounded like OH2BH operator  S7
PJ2T S8 sounded like Jerry WB9Z
RW2F S7
DR1A S6
UA2FW S7
HG8DX 1851 S8
CT1JLZ  S8
EI7M  S8 to 9
TF4T  S6
S50K working W4MYA  S6
V31RW  S9
I2BBJ  S5 Working W3BGN
DL3TD  S7
XE2S  S9
DF9TF S6

Several partials were heard calling CQ but they were under USA stations.
One was G6 something but only S4.  LW3 or 9 also heard working W3TS but
way to much splatter.  Not sure if W3TS ever got the call correct.

I also listened on my 12 meter X beam and signals were about the same but
not nearly as good a signal to noise ratio.

73 Dave K4JRB