[SECC] W4OC NAQP CW Jan 2010

w4oc at aol.com w4oc at aol.com
Sun Jan 10 08:27:38 PST 2010

 North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W4OC
Operator(s):  W4OC
Station: W4OC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time  (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

160:  118     40
80:  274    45
40:   200    46
20:  119     38
15:   73    15
10:    1      1
-------------------
Total:  785   185  Total Score =  145,225

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC  #1

Comments:

This was not an easy contest - maybe painful is a better description. The
power line noise here was at an all time high due to the cold and dry
weather.  There was no direction that was not a problem. I could not hear the
usual weak backscatter signals on 20, 15, or 10 which are so important for  the
mults in this contest. Many stations answered CQ's that I simply could not
pull out of the QRN.

I used N1MM logging software for the first time - it works fine - but  my
weak SO2R skills were not helped by my incorrect setup of  options!

Thanks to W4IX for the help with the 40 meter antenna repair, to  K1ZZI for
the SECC team(s) organization, and thanks to all for the Q's  and mults.

73

Don