[SECC] [SEDXC] K4TWJ Silent Key Info from CQ Magazine

John May johnmay at k6may.com
Wed Jan 20 18:06:05 PST 2010

I met Dave when he helped teach a General theory class at the
Birmingham Amateur Radio Club.  I was a very young kid (I think Dave
was in his twenties).  It was the first time I had been exposed to
circuit theory.  A friend of mine and I both attended the classes
together.  Both of us became electrical engineers.  Dave's class was
my first step toward that accomplishment.

The first time I ever saw a real oscilloscope was when Dave Ingram was
at the controls.  About fifteen years later,  I was at Cray Research,
looking over Seymour Cray's shoulder, staring at a scope.

I can still remember the things I learned in Dave's class.  He was a
great guy who gave a lot of himself to ham radio and helping others.

I looked forward to his articles in CQ.  Seemed like I was always
learning from him.  I'll miss that.

Thanks, John K6MAY