[SECC] NAQCC 160M Sprint

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 27 10:40:55 PST 2010

Here are the details.  I forgot the Paste part of Cut N Paste.  73, John.

Our annual 160M sprint held each year just before the CQWW 160M contest is
this evening (Jan 27 at 8:30PM EST = Jan 28 at 0130Z). This sprint gains in
popularity each year as members seem to love doing QRP on the Top Band. It's
also a good tune-up for the CQWW test.

It's been my experience that 160M is best at or near the bottom of sunspot
cycles, so this year will be a good opportunity to take advantage of those
good conditions as it may not be as good the next few years. The Sun is
definitely awakening from its long slumber now and cycle 24 has started
heading toward its peak in 5 years or so.

I've just uploaded the naqcc.zip file to the web site including an important
Read Me file and the updated naqcc.dat file for GenLog including all the
latest new members.

You can get the zip file when you read the rules for tonight's sprint at:

http://home.windstream.net/yoel/sprint201001_special.html

AND the General Sprint Rules via the link at the top of that page.

I don't have anything else to do this evening so I'll be stuck to my key for
the full 2 hours of the sprint. Hope to work you there. Looking forward to
breaking our record of 22 log submissions for a 160M sprint.

+ John K3WWP - Proud to be helping to preserve Morse Code:
+
+ As NAQCC (http://home.windstream.net/yoel/) Vice President - # 0002 FC # 1
+
+ As FISTS (http://www.fists.org/) Keynote QRP Columnist - # 2002