[SECC] FW: AlQP W4AN(KU8E) Mobile Solo OpMixed LP

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 6 07:24:57 PDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: webform at b41h.net [mailto:webform at b41h.net]
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2010 10:07 AM
To: 3830 at contesting.com; ku8e at bellsouth.net
Subject: AlQP W4AN(KU8E) Mobile Solo OpMixed LP

                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: W4AN
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Mobile Solo OpMixed LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 1.11

  160:
   80:
   40:   18
   20:   38     2
   15:
   10:          2
--------------------
Total:   56     2  CW Mults = 27  Ph Mults = 2  Total Score = 3,306

The car battery died in first county (RSSL), so I decided to throw in the
towel.
Luckily I was close enough to home that my wife came and rescued me. The car
started right up when we jumped the battery, but didn't want to risk being
stranded in the middle of nowhere if I continued on.

I guess I need to get a heavy duty battery or put another one in parallel
with
the car battery since it must be drawing too much current to keep it charged
when I am just sitting and operating with the engine idling.

The good news - The MFJ battery booster that K4BAI bought in Dayton seems to
have got rid of the chirp/buzz problem we were having in GQP/FQP. Thanks
K5KG
for the tip. I also used N1MM for the first time in the state QSO party
rover
mode and it worked great. I need to get K4BAI to switch over for next year.

The rovering "season" is over for this year. K4BAI and I made over 4000+
QSO's
in our efforts in GQP/FQP and mine in AQP. Hopefully we gave out some new
counties to those participating. Thanks for the QSO's (and pileups!) and we
will see everyone starting with the GQP in April 2011.  All W4AN QSL
requests
go to K4BAI.

73, Jeff  KU8E

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/