[SECC] For Sale - Best Offer

James - KB7TBT kb7tbt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 11:13:03 PDT 2010

I normally don't sell my equipment due to the fact I use it till it dies..
I have had my IC-551 for well over 10 years and this radio had been sitting
on my shelf long enough because I don't use it anymore.

The radio works just fine with 2 minor issues. When first powered up the CPU
is confused and displays random garbage, I was told this is because the batt
is dead, don't know, never fixed it. Just leave it on for 5 min, shut it off
and turn it back on and it is fine. The other is the meter light is burned
out, I got it that way and again I didn't care and never fixed it.
Never opened the radio!!

The radio has no dents or damage, it does have a layer of dust. I will clean
it up the best I can.
There are some small scuff marks but not noticeable, I am sure when I clean
it up they will rub off.

Just to make sure I just plugged it in and turned it on, yes the light is
out and the CPU came right up on 50.100, normally it needs time but it didn't
this time. I put the meter on it and it still works just fine.

It has the FM module. AM\FM\SSB\CW
If I remember right it does have one filter in it.
It used to have a radio shack hand mic wired to it, not sure where it is. If
I find it I will include it.

The last time it was in service was Field Day 08, on Sunday 6m opened up and
I made well over 30 contacts on it with my cushcraft 5 element Yagi.

Photo of the 551 from Field Day 08.
http://negarc.kb7tbt.com/fd08/dsci1668.html

I am looking for a best offer.
Cash, Money order, or Personal Check.
NO PAYPAL
Buyer pays shipping. Type Of Shipping is buyers choice.
Local pickup is fine - EM33km Lavonia, Georgia
Please email me direct, don't want to trash the group.

James
KB7TBT at arrl.net
30M Digital #3727
HELL #2925