[SECC] CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - KT4ZB

Kt4zb at aol.com Kt4zb at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 19:20:17 PDT 2010

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station:  KT4ZB

Class: SOAB(TS) LP
QTH: Savannah GA
Operating Time (hrs):  35

------------
160:
80:  103
40:  125
20:  435
15:   398
10:   66
------------
Total: 1127   Prefixes = 598  Total Score = 1,535,066

Club: South East Contest  Club

Comments:

What a fun contest!  Finally was able to get a  free weekend and put in a
real
effort.  As usual, low power unassisted  means – just jump in and spend the
first day searching and pouncing.   Having 15 meters really open did help
spread
things out and I probably spent  more time there than on 20m.  Low power
and the
dipoles make 40 and 80m  tough; although conditions were good for DX. I didn
’t
hear much close in  activity on those bands this weekend, so I’m sure I
missed
a lot of prefixes  in the K2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 9 areas.

Saturday night was a real treat on 20  meters with wonderful JA and over the
pole action.  Nothing like running  low power and having those guys come
back.
The score was really helped by  being able to run some Europe on 15 meters
on
Sunday and later to run  stateside on 20m to ad prefixes near the end of the
contest.  The  station worked well except for losing rig control about two
thirds of the way  into the contest.  Looks like either the COM port went
out or
the  something in the rig.  The log says I worked 35 hours but like many, I
 took
little breaks here and there, so left a little on the table.

There was plenty of neat stuff during the test; like 5 bands with HC8,  all
the
JA’s and UA’s on Saturday night, catching A71 and having HZ call me  on
15m.
Overall, I was very pleased.  Almost tripled last year’s score  and this
was a
personal best for the station.

Thanks for the QSOs and  see you next time.

Best – Jere

Yaesu FT1000 Field, N1MM, TH6-DXX  and dipoles for 40 & 80 meters.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal  Forms at:
http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/