[SECC] Fwd: WPX CW KJ4HYG SOAB(R) QRP

Christopher KJ4HYG kj4hyg at gmail.com
Sun May 30 18:17:30 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <webform at b41h.net>
Date: Sun, May 30, 2010 at 7:11 PM
Subject: WPX CW KJ4HYG SOAB(R) QRP
To: 3830 at contesting.com, kj4hyg at gmail.com

                   CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KJ4HYG
Operator(s): KJ4HYG
Station: KJ4HYG

Class: SOAB(R) QRP
QTH: Marietta, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 2

------------
 160:
  80:
  40:   9
  20:  40
  15:   6
  10:
------------

Grrr.... do I hate thunderstorms!

Thunderstorms were only one of the many reasons keeping me off the air for
most
of the contest. I didn't get to operate at all on Saturday and Sunday,
because I
was on the Appalachian Trail this past week backpacking. I didn't get home
until
19:00 EST on Saturday, and I was so dead tired I probably couldn't have
stayed
awake operating even if I had tried. I finally manage to get on the radio at
3
o'clock in the afternoon and operated on and off as the weather here
permitted.

Nevertheless, the contest was a good one, and I feel that for me 4,300
points
in 2 hours is not that bad at all, considering last year I made 20,000, and
then I was operating nearly full time! Plus I operated it QRP this year,
something that I am really beginning to enjoy a lot. I sure am looking
forward
to the next contest.

Unfortunately I will be off the air for most of June as I am going
backpacking
in New Mexico. I will be back for Field Day and it should be very fun.

chris / kj4hyg

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/