[SECC] CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Gordon greyeagl at bellsouth.net
Mon May 31 05:56:49 PDT 2010

                   CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K4OD
Operator(s): K4OD
Station: K4OD

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Macon, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    o
   80:    o
   40:   98
   20:  120
   15:  102
   10:   60
------------

FT-897D 100 Watts
TH3MK4 at 45 ft
ALPHA DELTA DX-DD at 45 Ft

Very high noise level from storms in the area
eliminated any 80 or 160 thoughts at this station.

Openings to Europe on 20 and 15 arrived here later
in the day than expected but were god once available.

Never heard openings to the Pacific other than New
Zealand and Hawaii on a couple of bands.

Several unscheduled times off caused by necessary nap
times at inopportune times was a hinderance, i.e. times
when 10 was open better and lost some 40 meter op time.

As I get older I find the need to take a nice nap
before such events get started.  Something to remember
for future events!

Never did hear John (PJ/K4BAI) or N4PN (using whatever
call he used).