[SECC] CW Contests

Bill Wilson kj4ex at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 18:11:08 PDT 2010

Good Evening All,

Having teethed on CW as a Crystal Controlled, 75 watt novice Op, back when, I still have a passion for CW.

However, when it comes to CW contests, I'm left in the dust.  I can run around 20WPM, but many contest stations run faster than that. Memory Keyers, CW Programs, etc., for many I expect, and I realize many hands on stations too.

I just can't run that fast.  For 160 CW contest ( I like 160 too ), I listen to the stations, till I get their information, and then call with saved "calls" in my TS-2000LE.

As much as I love CW, I just can't see running free-handed CW contests.  Hints, Secrets, ideas, freeware, shareware (that works), and I may one day hope to join you in the CW contests.

My SSB speed is FB !!  : )  LOL

Bill - KJ4EX