[SECC] Announcement: NCCC Practice Thursday Night

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Nov 16 19:31:43 PST 2010

Let's continue the  ONE hour sprint this week.
Slow speed for 20 minutes, then no speed limit for the next 40 min.!

Thursday, Nov 18, local time, Nov 19, UTC, 0200-0300Z, for ONE HOUR.
_Remember, we're one hour earlier since DST returned.
_We settled the debate about staying with local time a few years ago,
and decided NOT!
So give the easterners a break for a few months; west coast, re-arrange
your lives!
However, nothing is cast in stone on Thursdays, we can look at this again.
Voice your opinions in your 3830 comments this week.

*We will combine the SNS and NS into one event, going one hour, dupes
OK, one continuous log/scoring.
Speed limit in the first 20 minutes - 26 wpm max, then crank it up.  If
called by a slower station,
match his speed, anytime in the hour.

We are all mourning the loss of K8DD, so in the tradition started a few
years ago in Sprint and NAQP,
let's all be DUCK  on Thursday.

NS will be on  20/40/80/160m   (+38 to +45), 1814-18 on 160.
NCCC SPRINT RULES modified to:   DUPES OK, with one intervening QSO on
same band;
100 WATTS max.,  mults count on each band.

See W9RE's announcement on the SLOW SPEED NS on CQ Contest reflector.

The  schedule of Thursday (sometimes Friday also) events is  posted on
the NEXT NS page at:
http://www.ncccsprint.com/next_ns.html

*General rules and further info at: http://www.ncccsprint.com/

NS is always an opportunity to pursue the NCCC 40th Anniversary award,
as several members are active on Thursdays.
(I promise there will be CA this week!)

-- Report scores, discuss any contesting issue, near* 3610/3615* LSB
after the practice,  at 0300Z (7 PM PST) on
the weekly NCCC contest net), and send your score directly to the 3830
reflector.
Thanks to WA7BNM and N7WA for their posting service.

We should do this for a few more weeks, then going back to Ladder rules
on Dec. 2. Next Ladder starts on Dec. 9.

Watch for announcements regarding SS SSB practice on Friday night.

N6RO