[SECC] KB4KBS... THE REST OF THE STORY

Scott Straw scottstraw at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 10 16:44:44 PDT 2010

I realize that only making 12 contacts each in the two RTTY contests looks pretty slack, but in addition to the P/S issues, I had a random recurring BSoD (Blue Screen of Death) problem that I ultimately determined was caused by my USB-to-Serial device driver.

About 90 minutes into the 4 hour NA Sprint "hot-potato toss", I got another BSoD.  Since I had to wait for the 10-year-old CPU to re-boot, I decided to take the opportunity to reload the driver.

At some point in the process I came downstairs and saw the LSU-UF football game was in its waning minutes and lingered to watch that struggle resolve in dramatic fashion.

By the time I got the N1MM program up and running again, it was only thirty minutes to contest conclusion.  I piddled around on 40M for those few minutes and then pulled the plug.

Still lots of things on the to-do list for the station, but I'll keep posting scores as I'm able.

Scott, KB4KBS

Scott Straw, CTS-D, CTS-I
AVI-SPL
Atlanta, Georgia USA