[SECC] WW4LL Antenna

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Mon Oct 18 09:44:44 PDT 2010

A group of members went to Fred WW4LL's house Saturday and got Freddie's new
Opti-beams in the air. As far as I know everyone had a great time, and the
antennas looked really good up in the air.

These are the first square boom antennas I have ever seen, and the
construction looked pretty good. What I like about them best is no moving
parts, and only one wire (the coax) from each antenna to the shack.

I hope Fred enjoys his new antennas, and I can't wait 'til next year to see
what he tries next!     :-)

I was so inspired by his antennas and the good time we all had, I started a
crystal controlled homebrew 6DQ5 transmitter when I got home. Having fun is
what it is all about.  Maybe I can have a 100% homebrew station on the air
before the end of the year.

73 Tom