[SECC] Announcement: Texas QSO Party Next Weekend

John T. Laney III k4bai at att.net
Sun Sep 19 18:03:45 PDT 2010

Anyone up for the challenge of working all 254 Texas counties next weekend?

For the first time in several years it looks like Texas amateurs will be
able to offer that challenge. We've got one county that is holding out,
interestingly it is Starr -- the lone Starr, deep in the Rio Grande
Valley. But we're working on that one and it looks like it will be
active also.

Currently twenty-six mobiles are scheduled to hit the road and not all
of them are Texas operators. We're getting some much appreciated help
from several mobiles from outside the state namely W0BH(+N6MU) from KS,
AD4EB from TN, and N9JF from IL -- others may show up this week.

And of course we have our own Texan mobiles involving 34 amateurs many
of them well-known contesters but also, and we are very pleased about
this, some newbies who have decided to give mobile contesting a go --
one in particular is a well-known contester who has never done mobile
before.

To see where all of those folks are going in their mobile contesting
machines take a look at the maps on the websitehttp://www.txqp.net  by
following the Routes 2010 link.

Come on down for some Bar-B-Qs in the Texas QSO Party Sept 25-26.

73/Chuck/NO5W
TxQP Coordinator

<*>  Your email settings:
     Individual Email | Traditional

<*>  To change settings online go to:
     (Yahoo! ID required)

<*>  To change settings via email:
     qsopartygroup-digest at yahoogroups.com
     qsopartygroup-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com

<*>  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: