[SECC] Announcement: Straight Key Century Club SKS Tuesday Night (Local) with K4BAI using K9SKC as the Bonus Station

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Mon Sep 20 11:50:42 PDT 2010

Last week, I neglected to mention the two hour Straight Key Century Club
Sprint (SKS) scheduled for this Tuesday night local (8 to 10 PM EDT
Tuesday; 0000-0200 UTC Wednesday).  I will be the "bonus station" and
will be signing the SKCC Club call, K9SKC.  So, break out your hand key
or mechanical bug or sideswiper and get in on the fun.  Suggested
frequencies are:  1820, 3550, 7055 (and 7114), 14050, 21050, 28050, and
50090 kHz.  My 160M antenna hasn't been rebuilt yet and I don't
anticipate propagation on 6M.  So, I will be QRV with about 500 watts
and will start on the highest open band.  It could be 15 (or 10), but
more likely 20.  I will move down the bands and work down as far as 80
spending some time on each open band.  I will not likely try 7114 kHz
unless the rate is very slow.  It isn't yet clear to me whether I will
use the club station SKCC# (#00) or my own SKCC# 3280.  But, I will use
my name and state.  The exchange is:  RST, Name, State, Province or
Country, and SKCC# or power W.  The scores are reported in these power
categories:  QRP, LP, and HP.  I will be using my Vibroplex Deluxe Hand
Key on the Chrome Base.  Scores are reported by internet and logs are
usually not required.

All information including score submission details can be found at
http://www.skccgroup.com/sprint/sks/

QSLs go via KA3CTQ, the SKCC QSL Bureau Manager.  I will send him a copy
of the log in case he gets any QSL requests.

73, John, K4BAI