[SECC] Fri AM GQP tidbits...

Michael Condon mrcne4s at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 04:37:25 PDT 2011

A couple of new items came in overnight.

Hi! Please list me KJ4JKE and my friend AI4WS in a temporary field site
in Lincoln County loc: EM83sp Sat 09 April 2:00 pm local time to 10:00
pm local time.  Thank you,  KJ4JKE

Cy and Jeffery Will be Locked and Loaded and Lighting up Lincoln.

Via the grapevine I hear the good folks in Walton will have several station on
the air.
Walton ARC has always been active, and we hope to see them in the fray.

So, as a group, I think there will be Wonderous Wailing from the Walton Wags.

I think we will have some crowded bands tomorrow, particularly at the kickoff at
2PM.
Purely as a suggestion.. I would recommend that folks spread out a bit when
possible.
If the rovers spread +/-  5 around the recommended freqs, and the fixed stations
spread up a bit from +5, it may help.
This might get the mobiles out of the signals from the home stations who
generally have more power and antennae.
If it is really crowded, that "5" might need to be "10" or more.

And GA stations often do not hear the other GA station, being too close.
So giving a bit of space/time when folks call other calls on your freq would be
a kind consideration.

Other wise, let the mayhem roar, and have fun.

Any new bits that arrive will be posted quickly or at least by tonight.

At home:
My rovermobile is tuning up pretty well, the Scorpion screwdriver antenna now
tunes 10-80 very well.
The SGC amp is happy and perks along at 300-450W on all bands, but I do not
always use it.
The Truck runs rough on 20 while transmitting, so I will have to turn it off for
20M operation.  (more ferrites)
But I do not operate while driving, so no problems.
Today I will shake out the software....

Fair temp and partly sunny sky is ahead for both days...

Mike

 Please use ne4s at iham.us as my address.
GQP 50th Anniversary is 2011, April 9, 10th, Join the party.
Send me your Georgia Party county coverage plans to
listmycounty4gqp at gaqp.org
See gqp.contesting.com for news and rules