[SECC] Claimed Score for W1BO (Formerly N4JIK) - Georgia QSO Partty - Muscogee County

Jeremy - N4JIK n4jik1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 17:44:22 PDT 2011

Georgia QSO Party

Call: W1BO
Operator(s): W1BO
Station: W1BO

Class: Single OpMixed LP
QTH: MUSC
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

  160:
   80:
   40:     75        0
   20:     29       28
   15:
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    104       28  CW-Dig Mults = 11  Ph Mults = 3  Total Score = 1,848

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

FT-950/TH6-80m Dipole/100-watts/Portable Operation �" After working from CHAT
for a little bit of the afternoon decided to move to the second location in my
portable stops. This was by far the most rustic of all of them �" in K4BAI’s
front yard! Thanks to John for offering the use of his antennas now I know how
he makes so many QSO’s in the contest that beam is AMAZING I have to get
something better than this MA5B at the house now !

This was actually the only instance of Mr. Murphy stopping by, enroute to Johns
QTH I stopped over at my house grabbed a quick shower thanks to smelling about
as bad as I did after Survival Week �" it got a little warm out at the hide
site on Benning. But while I was home I fixed my power cable for my radio since
one of the connectors had come loose from the power supply side. I sat it on the
counter in the kitchen just prior to getting my shower. Got a call from Miss
Wessie (K4BAI’s XYL) letting me know she was back home and was expecting me I
ran out the door made it to his house started setting up and realized that I was
missing my power cable ran back to the house and grabbed the cable and was back
off to his house �" thankfully it was his house and not out on Benning I would
have lost 2+ hours it was only about 1+ hour.

I finally got up on the air and everything worked amazingly having those big
beams over the top of me made for some great contacts �" kind of wish I would
have went ahead and moved a lot earlier �" I think I lost a lot of contacts
because of that decision since most everyone had already worked me from CHAT.

As the last few minutes closed in I seen John pull into the drive working his
last few contacts before the close �" Perfect Timing.

Now I am waiting for the AL QSO Party and Field Day then I will be done with my
portable operations for the year �" unless I get a wild hair and decide to run
down to FL. Also I apologize to everyone I confused with the callsign change
had to go back to my W1 Roots. ;)

Jeremy
W1BO (Formerly N4JIK)
Phenix City, AL