[SECC] GQP catch up

Michael Condon mrcne4s at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 08:19:44 PDT 2011

GM,
After my delayed start of GQP processing, I am now caught up with the incoming
logs, downloads only tho.
All have been downloaded, including 10-15 from John, K4BAI who transcribes the
paper logs mailed to him.
Some files, like ADIF based, PDF's, and spreadsheets, and jpeg pics of files are
in a holding pen for maverics, they will be worked after the good puppies are
petted.

Here are the numbers:
304 in the good bin,
10 in the holding pen,
5 resubmit requests out,
30 in the K4OD 1x1 award bucket. (but I am sure there are more in the main run
logs)

That looks like 349 so far.

Some of the 1x1's will check out as extracts of logs already in the hopper, so
some of those will fall out of the overall count.

Scott, KB4KBS has most of the 1x1's but it is possible some came direct to him
or me, so we will work it out in a bit.

I have at least a dozen Party Pioneers to recognize, perhaps more as we get the
logs in the score grinder and do a check.

Both of our special awards are going well.
I think it was Tad, WF4W who mentioned that these awards are "once in a
lifetime" items.
Kinda Special isn't it?

After the download, all the files need to be "scrubbed, washed and waxed" to go
into the score machine.
Logs received will be posted in a few batches as the work progresses.

There have been quite a lot of nice comments, many of which I have reponded to
directly.
And, there are a couple of stories and input from some party-goers that will get
some play after the score work is done.

That's the current status.

73,
Mike, NE4S

Below is a comment from Laci, OM2VL, FYI....

>> Comments:
>>
>> I would like to thanks to all mobile stations which were also on 20m at
>> the
>> begining of the contest (40m at this time is closed in Slovakai). I
>> checked frq
>> around 14045 and also sometimes made QSY to SSB (maybe missed some CW
>> multis,
>> but made many SSB multis). It was really amazing contest, thanks for
>> everyone
>> for QSOs!
>>
>> Some statistics:
>> mobiles from most counties: (QSO/County)
>> N4ZZ/M 57/51
>> N5WR/M 46/42
>> W4NZ 38/36
>> W3DYA/M 27/26
>> W4R 25/24
>> KN4Y/M 21/20
>> N0TW 17/12
>> N4A 12/12
>> N4AO 10/7
>> K4I 10/7
>> N4I/M 5/5
>> NE4S 5/5
>>
>> BIG BIG thanks for N4ZZ/M for 51 county! I heard him from all!!! county,
>> but
>> from MILL (called him 20min ... :(( ), EARL,CLAY,CALH,RAND no lucky ....
>> dont
>> heard me. I missed also MERI - was this time on SSB.
>> BIG thanks also to all mobiles, when I called - they are answered for me!
>>
>> I think missed many SSB QSOs on 40m, because I can transmit only until
>> 7200,
>> and many GA stations was over 200. But I think 102 SSB QSO (39 on 40m,53
>> on
>> 20m, 10 on 15m)is not so wrong from Europe.
>>
>> Missed this counties: CALH (hrd), CAND, CLAY (hrd),EARL (hrd), EFFI
>> (hrd), MACO
>> (hrd),OCON (hrd), QUIT, RAND (hrd), TREU, TWIG, WHEE, WKSN.
>>
>>> From 1x1 special callsigns missed only K4E all other 17 station I have -
>> thanks
>> a lot!
>>
>> My working condx:
>>
>> TCVR: Yaesu FT5000 + OM3500 Amplifier
>> Antennas: 80m: 2el YAGI 50m up + BEVERAGE
>> 40m: 3/3 STACK 46,21m up
>> 20m: 6/6/6 STACK 38,25,12m up
>> 15m: 6/6/6 STACK 34,25,16m up
>> logging program: Writelog
>>
>> Thanks again for the nice QSO Party, please send your QSLs for my US
>> County
>> award (still need confirmation 60 county from Georgia)
>>
>> 73Laci OM2VL

 Please use ne4s at iham.us as my address.
GQP 50th Anniversary is 2011, April 9, 10th, Join the party.
Send me your Georgia Party county coverage plans to
listmycounty4gqp at gaqp.org
See gqp.contesting.com for news and rules