[SECC] Announcement: St. George Island Lighthouse Expedition

Ricky DeLuco k4jtt at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 13:24:35 PDT 2011

In cooperation with the Florida Lighthouse Association and Kennehoochee Armature Radio Club Chairman Ricky DeLuco, K4JTT is announcing to forming of the October 2011 Lighthouse Special Event Expedition Team to St. George Island.
The event scheduled for October 5- 9, 2011, Call sign K4L, will be forming a team for the 4 days of operations at this historic Island Lighthouse.  If you are interested in joining this team of eight for some exciting time of fun and operations please contact Ricky DeLuco, K4JTT 770-833-2290 or email at K4JTT at yahoo.com.  If you are interested in being a part of the administrative staff of the team please do not hesitate to jump in.  The team will also need a Local Director, QSL Manager and Technical Support.
In 2010 a team of operators travel to Sapelo Island, GA to operate on a remote island and historic lighthouse.  In the days we were there, our QSO’s exceeded 2000.  Although operating conditions were not favorable and a very bad storm rolled in we still managed to have a fantastic time.  When the Florida Light House Association was approached on sponsoring this event, they already knew all about this through talk in the lighthouse community.
This event is about having fun, showing the community about armature radio and bringing world exposure to a historic piece of history.
Now you may be asking who can go and how much is the cost?  Any general or above licensed operator can be in the team given room, however remember act fast because these is only eight spots!  The cost is $250.00 per person with an additional $50.00 safety spot for incidentals. All funds must be paid by August 1, 2011.
73 de Ricky, K4JTT
770-833-2290