[SECC] Changes to W4AX CWSkimmer Server

Mack McCormick w4ax.mack at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 18:23:24 PDT 2011

Today I made some updates which I hope you find useful to my CWSkimmer
server that I expose to the public.

1. During the *evenings it will Skim 160M and 80M*. During *daylight it will
Skim 12M and 10M*. It Skims 40M, 30M, 15M, 20M, and 17M 24 hours per day.

2. I updated some networking hardware based upon a comment made by a SECC
user that he was experiencing Telnet drops/timeouts when connected directly
to the server. Please let me know if this doesn't correct the issue.

Details on how to configure your station to use this resource may be found
at: http://www.nfarl.org/internetRadio/CWSkimmer/CWSkimmerServer.html *One
correction*, point your telnet client to *w4ax.com *. I'll get the
instructions updated soon.

This CWSkimmer Server also feeds the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://www.reversebeacon.net/ . This is an excellent resource that collects
CW spots from CWSkimmer servers world wide. You can also automatically get
these spots and filter them using VE7CC CCUser so that you only see spots of
interest to you. Instructions may be found on Lee's web site.

GL es gud DX!

Mack de W4AX