[SECC] Yagi Antenna Gurus Needed

Rich Arland k7sz at live.com
Sat Aug 20 09:37:48 PDT 2011

Time is drawing near to erect the old Mosley CL-33M tri-bander on the roof tower. In order to keep within the guidelines of the manufacturer's recommendations I have decided to place the HF Yagi no more than 3-4 feet above the thrust bearing on the tower. This means that the antenna itself will be only 7-8 ft above the peak of the roof....far from idea, but that is what I have to work with at this time.

In addition to the Mosley tri-bander I have acquired a 5 element 6M beam that I want to mount above the HF antenna. Does anyone know the minimum distance that should be maintained between these two antennas to reduce any interaction? Something stays in my mind about 1/4 wavelength separation. That would result in about 6 ft of vertical separation between the two antennas.

Am I on the right track or do I need to put this 6M antenna on it's own mast/tower??
73
Rich Arland, K7SZ
Bent Dipole Ranch, Dacula, GA
"Cogito Ergo CQ" ("I think therefore I HAM")