[SECC] CQWW Error rate?

K9AY k9ay at k9ay.com
Mon Aug 29 07:40:52 PDT 2011

In 2010 CQWW I was SOSB 160M and had 2 bad out of 64 raw QSOs = 3.13%  (1 NIL, 1 busted copy).

The exchange makes a difference -- in Sweepstakes CW, my error rate is 2.0 - 2.5%.  ARRL 160 and it's simple exchange is usually a couple tenths %.

Typing accuracy helps a lot. So does complete familiarity with PCs and your logging software.

What the guys say about "timing NIL" is absolutely true. Hard to tell if that caller who is 150 Hz off zero beat is calling someone else or not. When in doubt, ask for confirmation or send his call with the report. Sometimes I just alter the timing -- send his call twice or add a "TU" and see if he follows along.

73, Gary
K9AY