[SECC] Fw: TBDC W4MJA Single Op LP

Michael Almeter w4mja at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 18 11:11:37 PST 2011

                     Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W4MJA
Operator(s): W4MJA
Station: W4MJA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA EM73
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Total:  QSOs = 44  Total Score = 182

Not sure if I calculated my score correctly - but the number of contacts is
correct.

This was my first Stew Perry Top Band Challenge as well as my first 160 contest
ever. I see why it's called the gentlemen's band" lots of good
operators. I see why 160 can be really addicting.

Never even thought about doing this one seriously - adjusting from the
Pacific time zone and getting the house ready for guests the next day kept me
busy. Just casual contesting at it's finest. All S&P, no CQing.

Was surprised at how well my 160 antenna worked - 20M lazy H with the feeders
shorted, fed against radials. I still need to add more radials, but I worked
everything I heard last night on the first call.

FT-1000MP + Inrad, 20M Lazy H with feeders shorted, fed against radials, K9AY
loop.