[SECC] SECC Net

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Wed Feb 2 12:56:36 PST 2011

The way ACG did it for a while was weekly at 9 PM our time, 8 PM their
time, on 160 maybe about 1860 in the winters and on 75 maybe about 3630
in the othere seasons.  Discussions about past contests, upcoming
contests, equipment changes, building and antenna projects,
opportunities for meeting for breakfast or at upcoming hamfests, etc.
were discussed.  I checked in with them several times. KY5R was
generally the NCS and he put a reminder on their reflector maybe the day
before or the day of the net meeting.

I don't know why they discontinued doing that.  Maybe Tim's big building
projects prevented him from always being QRV.

I'd think there needs to be a regular NCS and one or two alternates for
when the NCS is unavailable.  I'll be glad to be one alternate.

73, John, K4BAI.