[SECC] Announcement: NAQP RTTY

John T. Laney III k4bai at att.net
Mon Feb 21 08:16:13 PST 2011

The NAQP RTTY Contest is this Saturday.As usual with NAQP contests,
there are five person teams.  I'd like to see SECC with at least two or
three teams in this contest.  Please let me know ASAP if you will be on
a SECC team for this year's NAQP RTTY and I'll register the team(s) late
Friday or early Saturday.  73, John, K4BAI.

The North American QSO Party RTTY is coming up on Saturday February 26th.
The rules are at:http://www.ncjweb.com/naqprules.php

This is a "friendly" RTTY contest, with an exchange of NAME and QTH.
The 100 watt power limit keeps everything a bit more equal. Contacts
and Multipliers count PER BAND - so be sure to try all the bands 10m
to 80m. Single operators may operate up to 10 Hours of the 12 hour
contest period, so you'll have time for a dinner break.

Please participate to make it more fun for everyone, and please submit
a log to help the log checking process. Who knows, you may be the
winner for your state, province or country! A couple reminders to make
the operating and log submission process easier:

1) Use standard abbreviations to log the QTH portion of the received
exchange for each QSO. For US states and Canadian provinces and
territories, use standard postal abbreviations. For North American
countries, other than the US and Canada, use the standard ARRL DXCC
entity prefixes. For DX countries outside North America, log "DX" as
the QTH.

2) The deadline for log submissions is 14 days after the end of the
contest. Please submit your cabrillo log by using the web page at:
http://www.ncjweb.com/naqplogsubmit.php

Other suggestions and guidance can be found at:
http://www.ncjweb.com/naqplogguidance.php

Have fun in the contest!

73 de K6UFO Mork!