[SECC] K1TTT farewell??

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 21 13:54:24 PST 2011

I am sure K1AR was put up to sending the e-mail to K1TTT.  I fear that a
small clique of hams are trying to control contesting.  Anything they don't
like they try to control or get rid of.

I feel the CW skimmer and the reverse beacon network along with the effort
to provide real time
scores by hams like Dave K1TTT are being put in their place.

Reminds me of the old group at ARRL when I first got licensed.  Nice enough
individually but when working as a group something went wrong.  Talking to
Lew McCoy W1ICP (SK) and reading
George Hart's notes in the QCWA Journal highlighted the problems.  In 1958,
only hams who operated CW and used home built gear fit their mold.  The so
called lack of home building led to the disaster called "Incentive"
Licensing.

The problem is that sometimes their opinion can
really hurt someone like K1TTT or me.

73 Dave K4JRB