[SECC] NAQP RTTY: KB4KBS

Scott Straw scottstraw at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 26 22:53:41 PST 2011

 North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: KB4KBS
Operator(s): KB4KBS
Station: KB4KBS

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Roswell, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 10.0

   80:   53    28
   40:   66    31
   20:   54    19
   15:   32    10
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  205    88  Total Score = 18,040

Club: South East Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I LOVE RTTY!  Finally a contest mode where I feel like I can compete.  Sure, I
may not have a winning score, and I sure have a lot of improving to do with my
skills and station capabilities, but I worked everyone I heard, and copied most
everyone 100%...

I was sucked into QSY'ing for several folks and should have ignored the request
(or politely declined).  Getting the antennas tuned and set up takes too long...
 I am getting better at running on a frequency; this is a hard trait to learn
for some one with AADD, I want to just flitter about and pounce on all of the
large signals, then surf the cluster annoucements for the hard-to-find
stations.

I started at 1845Z and only worked 10 hours since I was a single op, but since
I was assisted, and had to register as a multi-op station, does that mean I
could have worked the extra two hours?  Another unintended consequence of
taking a hard-nosed approach toward rejecting technology advancements.

I'm pretty proud of my 95% BIC rate, but it meant that my wife didn't get to go
out to dinner with me.  Another conundrum to work out...

Station:
Kenwood TS-450SAT
MFJ 949B Tuner
G5RV dipole at 30'
100W Max
N1MM Software
RIGBlaster Plus Interface

Thanks to all the stations that put me in their log... please upload to LoTW as
well, I only lack a few more states for 5BWAS... with your help, this contest
should get me a lot closer.

73,
KB4KBS

Scott Straw, KB4KBS