[SECC] (no subject)

Jeremy - N4JIK n4jik1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 18:35:32 PST 2011

First I would like to apologize for spamming this across several different
groups but I am about at my wits end with this problem. Here is the
situation, I have recently purchased a FT-950 and bought the additional
IF-2000 unit that provides a 10.55 mhz output for use with another device
such as an LP-Pan, SDR-IQ, or Softrock to provide a Panadapter for the
radio. Now for the IF device I am using a Softrock RX Ensemble II at 10.56
mhz - I have confirmed that both devices are producing at the appropriate
frequencies by ay of a separate receiver.

Now I have been able to "view" everything using several different pieces of
software including WinRad, SDR-Radio and PowerSDR (Non IF version) just fine
so I know that it will work. Now the two pieces of software that I know are
designed for this application are my problem sets. I have tried PowerSDR/IF
but have been unable to get the correct IF offset and then as an added bonus
it is NOT separating the incoming signal from the Line-In into the
appropriate SDR signal  - I have two mirror images on both sides and very
little if any response on strong signals. Now the other is Spectravue - I
just gave up with this thing because it was far to complex for my simplistic
self and it seems like it is going to lead me into a lot of troubles when I
try adding in other software down the road such as N1MM for contesting which
is why I was leaning on PowerSDR/IF.

Up until this point the Softrock has been working great, I have even went
back and listened with it in regular "Non IF setup" mode and it worked like
a champ but I am just confused what I have been missing or what other
software may be out there to accomplish this one --- why isn't there an
SDR-Radio/IF? ;)

Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciate with this one, please
email me back directly or preferably to Jeremy.dunman at gmail.com so that I
get them instantly so maybe someone can give me the answers that I have been
missing here. Thanks a million and hopefully we can get this thing working!

Jeremy

N4JIK