[SECC] BARTG RTTY Sprint: KB4KBS

Scott Straw scottstraw at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 23 14:00:42 PST 2011

BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: KB4KBS
Operator(s): KB4KBS
Station: KB4KBS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

   80:   74   74
   40:   26   26
   20:   23   23
   15:    0    0
   10:    0    0
-----------------
Total:  123  123  Mults = 28  Total Score = 9,225

This was a "sit and go" contest for me... I squeezed in BIC time between errands
and "honey-do" list items.  I finally quit early due to fatigue.

I really enjoy RTTY contests, and I'm getting better at them.  Having good
software helps a great deal, and N1MM with FlDigi is my current weapon of
choice.

I did some running this time - I'm getting better at being patient and waiting
for the fish to come to me rather than chasing them all over the lake.  My
conservative goal is a run-rate of 40/hr, and I actually hit that mark several
times, but wasn't able to hold it over the long haul.

Station:
 - TS450SAT AND MFJ-949B subduing a G5RV @ 30'.
 - N1MM w/ CAT
 - RigBlaster Plus
 - NO AMPLIFIER

Thanks for the QSOs; if you worked me on 80M, plase submit your log to LoTW.
I'm close to complete on 20 (need 2) and 40 (need 4), and need about a dozen
states on 80.  15M, 10M, and the WARC bands will have to wait for better
sunspots...

73,

Scott
KB4KBS