[SECC] [SEDXC] Additional info on how to pay out line without tangling it

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 7 13:21:38 PDT 2011

Thanks for all the info.  I did look into the spud/tennis ball launcher but
my friend in the Gwinnett County Police told me that there might be an
ordinance regulating this type of launcher.  I am going to try a tennis
launcher later this weekend.

I lay out my #8 nylon string so there is plenty of string to go over the
branch I am shooting at and go at least part way down.  I use aluminum
arrows with no tip and attach 2 bolts to the end.  I seldom have any problem
with the line breaking or catching
except on a branch coming back down.  That was one of the problems with the
EZ-Hang was the line snagged going up and the the ball tip would hang up on
a branch going down.  I still have three pieces of the EZ-Hang stuck in
trees.

I like the suggestions that Tom W8JI and Joe AA4NN had on a way to secure a
reel with the bow and arrow.  I have used this bow since I bought it 20+
years ago when the Lionel Toy Store closed on Buford Highway.  It was a
return and I paid 1/3 the retail price.

I put up full wave loops at my house and my cottage on St. Simons and at
least a dozen antennas.  I only have to concentrate on 80 and 160 as I have
beams on 40 to 10.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I moved all of them to a folder so I can
review them all later.

73 Dave K4JRB