[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests; This Week's Contests

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Wed Jul 27 10:00:43 PDT 2011

Anybody got any ideas how we can interest the guys who submit scores for
QRP contests and for SKCC contests to join our clubs?  I have asked some
directly and have sent them all a copy of my weekly report whenever
their call appears in it (except for a few without a good e-mail address
listed on QRZ.COM).  With the exception of N3TL, KS4L, K4EOR, and AA4GA,
I think I am correct in saying that the others are not members of either
club.  Of course, there are others who work QRP sometimes, like myself,
K2UFT, W4QO etc who are members of SECC and/or ACG.  I think the QRPers
could make a positive contribution to the clubs and perhaps they would
receive some valuable insight in return.  I met KB0ETU in Dayton this
year, but he hasn't  joined ACG yet.  N4EWT (ex K0NWT) has joined and
become an officer of SEDXC, but hasn't joined SECC.

There are QRP categories in nearly every contest and I'd love to see our
clubs getting up QRP teams and being active in QRP events and also see
the QRPers becoming active in our clubs and on our reflectors.

I think a personal invitation from those who know these guys and when
you work them on the air might help.  I have tried that already with
most of them and it hasn't worked (yet).

73, John, K4BAI.