[SECC] Claimed Score for AlQP W4AN(W1BO) SOMixed LP

Jeremy - N4JIK n4jik1 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 21:09:36 PDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: webform at b41h.net [mailto:webform at b41h.net]
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2011 00:08
To: 3830 at contesting.com; n4jik1 at gmail.com
Subject: AlQP W4AN(W1BO) SOMixed LP

                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: W4AN
Operator(s): W1BO
Station: W4AN

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: Russel County, AL
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0      0
   80:   47      2
   40:  137     32
   20:   64     15
   15:   23      0
   10:    1      0
--------------------
Total:  272     49  CW Mults = 41  Ph Mults = 19  Total Score = 35,580

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

FT-950/40m Windom/80m Dipole â€" Well as I found out today my beams still have
some issues so was stuck working wires the whole time but not to bad
considering. I was working my Alpha Delta DX-A this morning and made a small
error and cut the wire to short â€" ummm way to short for the record and that
means I am going to have to fix it somehow now so I was short my NE/SW antenna
for 20/40/80/160 so I lost out on the use of that one, but was able to move the
80m dipole around to cover down on a lot of the US. Had a few DX stations but
not as strong as normal. The little G1 Blackout we had early on also caused me
a few headaches since I wasn’t hearing much of anyone at all. Also the splint
on my left hand made my logging effort a really interesting time â€" sorry for
those who’s calls I butchered that’s what it was as I was logging I would
hit the wrong letters ;) plus this slowed me down A LOT.

I am thinking that Chris beat me pretty bad from the early reports I got from
him, I have no idea what the heck he has going up there other than the vertical
â€" maybe it is time I start looking Vertical for the lower bands. But we will
see when the final reports come out who the buyer of the coke is gonna be!
Great times and thanks again for all the contacts and looking forward to
working you all in the next contest!

W4AN (Op W1BO â€" Jeremy)