[SECC] Dennis Morris K4ZJ

Fred Dennin fdennin at numail.org
Fri Jun 10 14:17:13 PDT 2011

Dear Friends,

It is with great sadness, that I report the passing of our dear friend
Dennis C. Morris, K4ZJ.  Dennis passed away at 12:45 pm this afternoon after
a year long bout with cancer.  Many of you know Dennis and his family but
for those that don¹t, Dennis was a devoted family man.  Unfortunately, he
and Kay could not have children so he and Kay adopted a boy and a girl who
are both grown now and have blessed he and Kay with 4 grandchildren.  Dennis
always put his children first and according to Kay, laughingly, sometimes to
the detriment of their relationship.

Dennis was a regular here on many contest weekends and he was also a
colleague of mine in the railroad business.  Dennis was one of the most
witty people that I ever knew and was willing to make fun of himself, as
well as poke fun at his friends on a regular basis.  He was always willing
to take the midnight shift, often with his comrade in arms, Darrell, K9MUG.
Darrell and Dennis became a regular team, knowing that 3rd trick was their
regular assignment and these two guys became very close friends.  I don¹t
know that Dennis had any ³enemies² as I never heard him ever say a bad word
about anyone.

Dennis worked for the Norfolk Southern Railroad (NS) and it¹s predecessor,
The Southern Railway, for 30 years before retiring about 2 1/2 years ago.
Dennis was responsible for negotiating all of the interchange agreements
between NS and all of the railroads that operated over their right of way,
and vice versa.

Cards of condolence can be sent to his wife Kay, at the following address:

Kay Morris
159 Marsha's Vineyard
Hampton, GA 30228

Funeral plans are not yet firm as far as the date and time but the funeral
home info is:

Conner-Westbury Funeral Home
1891 West McIntosh Road
(Highway 92 West)
Griffin, Georgia 30223

http://www.conner-westburyfuneralhome.com/

I will send you the burial info as soon as I receive it from Kay.  Please
keep Dennis¹s family in your prayers.

Regards,

Fred, WW4LL