[SECC] CAC representative

Rick Dougherty NQ4I nq4i at contesting.com
Mon Jun 20 08:52:01 PDT 2011

Hi All...our CAC member is Charlie Wooten NF4A email address is nf4a at knology.net

I encourage each and EVERY one of you to drop Charlie an email and let
him know that you are in favor of distance based scoring....he is a
very reasonable person, and I think he fully understands the need to
go in that direction. One other large factor coming into play is that
some of the opposition to distance based scoring is from operators who
them selves are on the CQWW contest committee...they will look very
foolish if they have allowed the ARRL to implement dx based scoring
and they have not even considered it...today if you want to win an
ARRL contest, requires that in 90+% of the time you need to be
physically located in the North East US.....equal stations in
different parts of the US cannot
compete on a level playing field because of the tremendous bias in scoring now.

Rick NQ4I