[SECC] arrl directors

Rick Dougherty NQ4I nq4i at contesting.com
Wed Jun 29 16:53:30 PDT 2011

Hi all...there are nearly 240 + members of this club...we are located
in the South East US and contrary to what anyone else says we DO have
a propagation disadvantage...
I realize that many of you re not as serious in the ARRL DX tests as I
am each Feb and March...but if you were serious then a distance based
scoring system would be the only thing you would want to give you a
chance to be competitive...one of our members is very correct that if
you build it big enough, work hard enough and you use the latest and
best engineering principles you can win with no change in the
rules...so as a minimum you would need 600 acres to put state of the
art receiving systems...you would need 4 to 6 towers to support the
curtain arrays for transmitting, and you would need the advice of a
serious full time engineer to design the peripherals to your
station...OR you could use the advantage of distance based scoring and
be able to compete one on one with similar stations across the
US...think about it...600 acres and state of the art or you current
station in the SE US compared to a similar station in the NE US...to
me its a no brainer!!
If I use a tribander and have wire antennas...I should be able to
compare to the same type of station in Maine or Vermont...

Now comes the real whining and complaining from me...no more different
than our current political process its who you write and voice your
opinion to that really counts....
Our Division Director is Greg Sarrat W4OZK in Huntsville, Al...he will
be voting in a short time on the proposal of distance based
scoring...right now he has no knowledge what so ever which way his
constituents want him to vote...it is time to send him an email and
tell him that this club is behind the distance based scoring
system...his email address is
W4OZK at ARRL.ORG

You can be apothetic and not send in anything and we will be saddled
with the current biased system for another 10 + years or you can send
Mr Sarrat an email and let him know and hear your voice..I for one and
standing up to be counted....I can't begin to say how I am behind
distance based scoring...it give a chance to more stations than just
the NE states....there has been a lot of email traffic the past 2
weeks on CQ-Contest.com...go to contesting.com and read the archives
if you have any doubts who has said what...

I would like each member of SECC to stand up and be counted!

Email your feelings to Greg Sarrat today...lets make this contest a
lot more fair than is currently is....

NQ4I