[SECC] ARRLDX SSB K1ZZI SOAB(A) HP

Ralph K1ZZI k1zzi at comcast.net
Sun Mar 6 19:36:11 PST 2011

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1ZZI
Operator(s): K1ZZI
Station: K1ZZI

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:   16    15
   80:   62    43
   40:  122    58
   20:   27    26
   15:   98    79
   10:   59    47
-------------------
Total:  384   268  Total Score = 308,736

I haven't seen 10 & 15m that good in 20+ years.  I was QRT during cycle 23.   I think the SFI hit 135 (see pictures below).  I worked some amazing mults all over the globe on 15m just goofing around on the bandmap.  10m was blazing hot into EU, AF, SA and PAC out to South Cook, ZL and Guam.  Some of the signal reports were outrageous with funny comments.  It was like a copper bus cable connected between us.  Nice to see the CYO Sable Island team make it on the air for this one too.  Wow that was a fun packed Sunday afternoon.  Even for a CW guy :-).

Ralph K1ZZI