[SECC] New DX Client Software

Jeremy - N4JIK n4jik1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:33:41 PST 2011

Gordon,

In case you haven't ever played with it there is a piece of software called
Spot Collector that is part of the DxLabs Suite (http://www.dxlabsuite.com/)
It is pretty intuitive and I use it daily. For example I am pulling from
CQDX (IRC), W4LEE (My Local Cluster), the RBN (Reverse Beacon Network) as
well as my Own Skimmer that lets me know what is being heard at my QTH. I am
able to add all the pretty little information I want to see (i.e are they
members of LOTW or EQSL 'If you do that sort of thing') and used in
conjunction with DXKeeper which is the logging software for DXLabs then it
will show your status of have you worked them or not as well! And strange as
it may seem my radio is actually talking to everything through HRD! So I am
able to do everything that I want to minus the occasional problem that takes
a little working out (like right now I can't pass instructions to my DVK in
the Radio through the system but I will figure it out or just connect
directly to the FT-950 itself. Another piece of software I didn't mention
was WintelnetX which is GREAT because it lets you tie all these Cluster
together as one of software that doesn't let you do more than one connection
- i.e Contest Loggers, etc etc.

Hope this hasn't confused you too bad!

Jeremy

N4JIK