[SECC] [Contest] Bad weather

Courtney Judd K4WI k4wi at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 9 06:34:11 PST 2011

I just walked out and took another look.... the anchors and guy wires all were ok.... the tower failed right above the first guy wire set at 30 ft. The tower is all twisted about 180 deg... in other words it didn't simply come straight down. Also found one guy wire broke on the 110 ft 45 tower... lucky it didn't come down also. Straight line lines or tornado... same results... a real mess but looks like I'll have a bunch of short booms and elements to do something with! , Cort