[SECC] Elecraft QSO Party Today

Ralph K1ZZI k1zzi at comcast.net
Sat Mar 12 04:26:06 PST 2011

Any SO1R rig can operate.

QSO PARTY (EQP 2011) RULES AND FAQ

Object: To have fun, work old and new friends, work new S/P/C's (States/Provinces/Countries) for awards, and optionally collect some Elecraft rig serial numbers. Open to everyone - no Elecraft rig required.
When: 1800z March 12 to 1800z March 13, 2011 (second full weekend in March). There is no restriction on the number of operating hours during the 24-hr period.
Bands: Use 160, 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 Meters ONLY.

Suggested Frequencies (+/- 10 kHz):
CW: 1815 (EU: 1840), 3540, 7030, 14060, 21060, 28060
SSB: 1840 and 1915, 3875 (EU:3775),7275 (EU:7075), 14250 (+/- 10), 21325, 28325
DIGITAL:
PSK31 - commonly used frequencies (e.g. 14070)
RTTY - commonly used frequencies (exception: on 40 m, use 7085 to avoid CW stations near 7040)

Multiple Contacts with Same Station:
Each station may be worked on each mode and each band for QSO credit. The three modes are CW, SSB, and Digital.

Exchange:
Elecraft rig users: RST, *S/P/C, rig & serial # (e.g. "559 CA 13000")
For serial number: Use number to indicate rig (K3=3, K2=2, K1=1, KX1=0) followed immediately by serial number (e.g. 23000 = K2with S/N of 3000)
Others: RST, *S/P/C, power output (e.g. "559 FL 5W")
*S/P/C = State (U.S.) / Province (Canada) / Country (DXCC list)

QSO Points (All modes):
Elecraft s/n logged: = 5 points
No s/n logged: = 3 points

Multiplier:
S/P/C total for all bands and modes.
The same station may be worked on each band and mode for QSO points and S/P/Credit (e.g. CA can be counted for three modes on each of six bands for a possible 18 multipliers.)

Power Multiplier:

      CW/Digital Mode
     SSB (PEP)

      0 to < 1 W x10  0 to < 2 W x10
      1 W to 5 W x7  2 W to 10 W x7
      >5 W x1 > 10 W x1

Highest power used at any time on any mode determines multiplier. Please limit power to100W maximum.

Score: QSO points x S/P/C's x Power Multiplier

Submission Info:
Name, Callsign, S/P/C, Score Summary, Station Equipment
Send to:     by April 15, 2011
Also include soapbox, but no logs (EQP is based on honor system)

Awards: Certificate for top US, VE and DX entries (three certificates)

Additional Important Notes:
1. No cross-mode QSOs
2. Packet use is encouraged during the contest. Feel free to spot stations calling "CQ EQP".
3. Avoid nets and FISTs frequencies. When using QRP calling frequencies, use QRP power (5 W or less for CW/Digital, 10 W PEP or less for SSB).
4. Have longer QSOs than just EQP exchange if you wish.

Frequently asked questions:
Q: Do I need to use an Elecraft rig or contact stations so equipped?