[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score NS Practice 3/18/11

John T. Laney III k4bai at att.net
Fri Mar 18 05:56:56 PDT 2011

                     NCCC Sprint - March 18

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0:55

   160:   0      0
    80:  22      8
    40:  42     12
    20:  16      7
    15:
    10:
-------------------
Total:  80     27  Total Score = 2,160

FT1000MP, 100W, TH6DXX, zepp, inverted vee, dipole.  Congrats to NO3M for a
wonderful QSO total.  Sorry to others who may like the same band dupes format,
but this wasn't much fun for me.  There weren't many stations QRV. Certainly
this format didn't bring out many enthusiasts.  20 and 40M band conditions were
pretty good in the hour before 0200Z, but when the contest period started, they
were not good on 20.  40M was OK to most areas.  80M was OK, but where did
everyone who had been on 40 and 20 go?  12 mults on 40 and only 8 mults on 80
despite working everybody I could hear.  Nice signals on 80 from CA and WA.  I
was changing the 80M antenna over to 160 at 0250Z and the coax slipped out of
my hand and dropped out the window.  That hasn't happened before.  I then could
not work 80 or 160, so went back to 40 for four QSOs and then couldn't buy a 40M
QSO, so quit at 0254Z.  I have now put some more slack in the 80M coax, so I
shouldn't have that problem again.  See you all next week and maybe some of you
in the Russian DX Contest this weekend.  73, John, K4BAI.

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at:http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/