[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score 2011 Russian DX Contest

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Mar 22 20:32:22 PDT 2011

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 21:15

  160:     1    0         1         0
   80:    45    0        22         0
   40:   236    0        53        13
   20:   481    0        59        37
   15:   322    0        51        28
   10:    67    0        26         0
Total:  1152    0       212        78  Total Score = 1,716,220

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, zepp, inverted vee, tee vertical.  A
short 10M opening to Europe, west Africa.  Also good signals from South America
and Caribbean.  15M was quite good as was 20M.  40M seemed a bit weak with some
static early.  80M was quite noisy.  Didn't try 160M due to the scant activity
and atmospheric noise on 80 until AA3B asked me to QSY there.  After working
Bud, I could hear no other signals on the 160M band.  We had a nice European
sunrise opening to Europe, but eventually the rate went down and I got a couple
of hours sleep and got on for the last 20 minutes.  Should have gotten up
earlier since 20M was really jumping at the end.  Thanks for all QSOs.  73,
John, K4BAI.