[SECC] Announcemnnt: NCCC SNS Tonight

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu Mar 31 08:53:38 PDT 2011

****Announcing the NCCC's (Northern California Contest Club) weekly
Thursday night running of the SNS.****

Please wait just a split second on jump balls ("ns" talk for several
stations answering a CQ).  Please be aware of the fact that there are
stations just getting acclimated to sprinting, and can be easily
intimidated so keep a sharp friendly ear, and maybe let a station
inheriting a frequency throw out a cq prior to calling them.

Please keep your speed to between 18 to 26  WPM.  Stations running on
the higher side of this please be willing to QRS for some of the slower
operators.  Remember we are trying to welcome new sprinters to our ranks!

As usual We will be preceding the NS (A fantastic warm up for all, see
notes from Ken N6RO), with a 10 minute break prior. So for now, the Slow
Speed NS is from 0200z to 0220z+.

Frequencies:
20 m      14037-14043
40 m      7040-7047
80 m      3537-3543

POWER: 100 watt limit.

If you don't hear a CQ, send a CQ and don't worry about the couplet
since this is only practice and hopefully an introduction to sprints for
newbies.  I think stations might answer a CQ more likely than call CQ
themselves.  With that said remember that newbies are listening to get
up the nerve to jump in so don't hesitate to make Q's.

The SNS, NS and NS Ladder and the NCCC/NS Net on 3610 immediately
following at 0300 are all part of the "Thursday night contesting"
experience sponsored by the Northern California Contest Club!

Sites to help everyone for sprint contests.

NS home website is:
http://www.ncccsprint.com/
http://www.contesting.com/articles/198
http://n6tr.jzap.com/sprint.html

Need help with your logging software, macros, etc.? Feel free to drop me
an email and we will do our best to assist!

73 es GL

New SNS Website and more exciting changes to come in the near future!
We are working on it so stay tuned!

Chris
N6WM
Contest Director, SNS