[SECC] FOC Open QSO Party This Saturday (Formerly known as Bill Windle QSO Party)

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Wed May 11 07:29:51 PDT 2011

Are you ready for some on-air fun! Clear your calendar, handle the
chores, check your antenna SWR, and plan to be on the air at 0000z
Saturday for the FOC QSO Party.

This year, during our 14 May event, we are inviting those who chose to
participate to join in a special tribute to George, G3NOH, who served
our Club as an officer on the Committee for quite some time. For this
event ONLY, if you care to join in this tribute, please send your
exchange as follows:

G4FOC de KZ5D 599NOH ART 1761.

It will be a great tribute to George to pay special honor to him by
adding the "NOH" to the exchange.  Let’s all give it a go and add the
NOH after the RST in our reports during this event!

Here’s the details to refresh your memory:
The FOC QSO Party always runs for a 24 hour period from 0000Z to 2359Z.
Call CQ BW from 015 to 040 khz on all bands, excluding the WARC bands.
On 160, please stay below 025. Exchange RST(NOH if you want to add to
the tribute to George), name, and FOC number (non-members only send RST
and name). Reporting is easy! Logs are not required. Count one QSO per
band per FOC member. Non-members just send activity reports consisting
of the total number of QSOs made with FOC members. Example: WX1XX 75.
FOC members count QSOs made with FOC members and non-members. Example:
KZ5D 212/43 (212 member QSOs and 43 non-member QSOs). Email reports to
KZ5D at aol.com  by 21 May, 2011.

Handsome certificates are awarded to the members and non-members on each
continent who report the highest number of QSOs. Our first FOC QSO Party
was a hit. Don’t miss the next one! Pass the word around to all your
friends who enjoy CW.

See you on the bands on Saturday.

161,

Art KZ5D