[SECC] Alabama QSO Party Jun 4th and 5th 2011

KC4HW/Jim kc4hw at centurytel.net
Fri May 27 13:07:11 PDT 2011

The Alabama Contest Group is proud to announce the 5th consecutive
running  of the Alabama QSO Party (AQP) on the first weekend of
June (4th and 5th this year).

The AQP dates back to as early as 1963 when Governor George C.
Wallace signed all the certificates for the winning and high scoring
participants.  The AQP dates back prior to this but I have not been
able to find any documentation on previous activities.

For 2011 we have a full slate of awards that includes 24 Plaques for
entries both inside and outside of Alabama.  There will be Certificates
for high score entries both inside and outside of Alabama.  Last year
we issued over 125 certificates.

Rules, past results and information are at currently shown at
http://www.AlabamaQSOParty.Org

"County Activity" continues to grow.  Even though we have/are facing
very high gas prices, you will find that there are 11 mobiles that have
committed to providing CW and PH QSOs (perhaps both)  to those
that participate in the AQP in 2011.  Several of these mobile will be
from Florida, Tennessee and Georgia as well as Alabama mobile.  We
definitely appreciate the help from our neighbors.

Collectively these mobiles will be providing contacts in over 125 county
locations.  Additionally, we have many fixed stations that will also be
passing out tons of QSOs from Alabama's counties.  There are
several Alabama local club stations that will also be active again this
year.  We have commitment from a couple of college radio clubs as
well.

As you prepare for the beginning of the CQ WPX CW this weekend,
on behalf of the men and women of the Alabama Contest Group we
wish you the best of luck in this world event.  After the smoke settles
from WPX perhaps you will find a little time to join us in the Alabama
QSO Party next Saturday, Jun 4th.

If you have any questions, please direct them to
kc4hw at alabamaqsoparty.org.

Jim/KC4HW