[SECC] Fwd: WPX CW NQ4I M/M HP

Rick Dougherty NQ4I nq4i at contesting.com
Mon May 30 03:20:59 PDT 2011

Here is the score

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <webform at b41h.net>
Date: Sun, May 29, 2011 at 10:19 PM
Subject: WPX CW NQ4I M/M HP
To: 3830 at contesting.com, NQ4I at contesting.com

                   CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): AA4LR,VE7ZO,K4ST(JA0BSL),W4IX,N3ZL
Station: NQ4I

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Griffin, Ga
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
 160:   72
  80:  441
  40: 1380
  20: 2000
  15:  796
  10:  268
------------
Total: 4957  Prefixes = 1224  Total Score = 14,624,352

What can I say. First and foremost we had a great time. 3 op's dropped out in
the week before the test and we all decided to do the "iron man thing".Plenty
of air time for all. 160m was N3ZL, 80m was AA4LR, 40m was VE7ZO and K4ST, 20m,
was W4IX,15m was NQ4I, and 10m was AA4LR...we all did time at other stations and
managed to keep things going around the clock. No Equipment failures, but a
couple of computer problems, nothing major. Some of the normal antennas were
not available for this test and we made do with what we had available. The 8
element 20m monster would not rotate so it was fortunate that it was on Europe.
Conditions really teased us Friday night. We made qso's on 15m until after
midnight. But Saturday morning the conditions were in the toilet! Sunday made
up for Saturday, but not as much as we had hoped. Food was good, Friendship was
good, Radios were good, Antennas were good, and the score was what it was. This
is one of our favorite contests. The weekend happens to fall on Memorial Day
and is typically a family weekend, and that means it is difficult to get
operators. My thanks to those who traveled and made the trip to contest this
weekend. Lots of summer repairs to make on the station, and a new 80m LPDA
antenna(look that one up if you don't know what it is) and a new 170 ft tower
to support it. Thanks for the qso's, the log will be uploaded to LOTW in a week
or so or qsl direct to my manager K4PK. See everyone in the fall contests CQWW
SSB and CW. Have a great summer. Rick NQ4I