[SECC] Sweepstakes

Michael Almeter w4mja at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 12:46:31 PDT 2011

All this talk about SS is starting to make my mouth water. Add sunspots into the equation, and it's just too much! Best of luck to everyone who will be participating this weekend.
After reading the 3830's from CQWW, 10 seems to be defiantly open these days. Congrats to everyone who worked DXCC on 10 this weekend. Since getting licensed in 2005, I've only had limited experience on 10 and it sounds like it's booming these days.
Never thought I'd say this, but I'm sorry I'm stuck in Las Vegas during SS. LV is a great town for many things - amateur radio is not one of them. The best chance I'll get for contesting in the near future is CQWW CW in November - hopefully. As others will attest - odd antenna problems pop up after 3 months of not maintaining a high maintenance wire antenna station.

73,
Mike
W4MJA/7