[SECC] CQWW SSB TI8M M/2 HP

Bob Wilson w4bw at w4bw.net
Tue Nov 1 13:56:00 PDT 2011

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: TI8M
Operator(s): TI2JCY TI2KAC TI4ZM K4UN W4BW W4KTR W4XO
Station: TI8M

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Costa Rica
Operating Time (hrs): 46.5

  160:   59     7       11
   80:  730    22       70
   40: 1279    26       96
   20: 1208    33       88
   15: 1554    28       97
   10: 1054    28       72
------------------------------

This was finally the year we've all been waiting for when 10m finnaly awakes,
and awake it did.  We had our usual QRN issues for CQWW, as Oct is a very
unstable weather period in Costa Rica with many storms and heavy rain.  We lost
1 1/2 hrs in prime time Sunday afternoon to a weather forced shutdown /
disconnect, but managed to get back on for about the last 2 hrs.

Fortunately, we always enjoy getting our team of Costa Rican and American
friends together to operate, socialize and enjoy Costa Rican food and
hospitality.  This trip ranked high in all of these.

Thanks for all the Q's and we look forward to ARRL Phone in March.

Bob - W4BW