[SECC] Reminder NAQCC QRP Sprint Tonight

John T. Laney III k4bai at att.net
Wed Nov 16 13:58:49 PST 2011

A last-minute reminder of our NAQCC sprint coming up tonight.

This email is also a quick reference guide to our sprints in general. You
might want to save it or print it out. Here is the date and time for our
current sprint. Other details can be found via the links below.

Wednesday November 16 from 8:30 to 10:30 PM EST, 7:30 to 9:30 PM CST, 6:30
to 8:30 MST, 5:30 to 7:30 PST = (Thursday November 17 from 0130Z to 0330Z)
If you run your life on Z or UTC time, note the change there as we are back
on local standard time now for the next few months.

If you've been hesitant to join in our sprints because you hear other
sprints running at breakneck speeds, have no fear. Our sprints are geared to
the newcomer to CW and/or contesting. Virtually everyone including the many
veteran contesters who regularly enter our sprints will slow down to YOUR
speed to help you make your contacts

In part due to that, we believe our NAQCC monthly sprints have become the
most successful 2-hour sprints in ham radio today. You can help us to
continue our growth, and help to promote CW and QRP. Just get in the sprint,
make QSO's, and send in a report via our autologger. That's all there is to
it. We regularly get 150-200 participants in each sprint, of whom 100-120
will submit logs for cross-checking. Our record is 135 logs in August 2010.
Our sprints make a powerful statement about the popularity of CW and QRP to
the ham radio world.

Rules specific to this month's sprint are available via:

http://naqcc.info/contests.html

General Sprint Rules that apply to all our sprints are at:

http://naqcc.info/sprint_rules.html

We hope you use the GenLog logging program for our sprints. It makes logging
very simple for you and log cross-checking simple for us. You can get the
program, the latest data file (naqcc.dat) for the program and instructions
on how to use it via the General Sprint Rules. There is also a thorough
tutorial on using GenLog that includes many screen captures at
http://naqcc.info/sprint_genlog_tutorial.html  if you need it.

After the sprint, use our Autologger to make submitting your report and log
as easy as possible:

http://naqcc.info/sprint_submit_log.html

We award a maximum of 14 certificates for each sprint. One to the winner in
each of the 10 USA call areas, one to the Canadian winner, and one to the DX
winner. The 13th one goes to the first-time entrant with the highest score.
If there are any entrants in our GAIN category, the winner there gets the
14th certificate. When our NAQCC Chapters get organized, we hope to have
competition among them for a 15th certificate for the top aggregate chapter
score.

We also often award a prize of some sort donated by the club or one of our
members to the winner of a random drawing among all who participate and send
in a report.

Curious about how you did in each of our past sprints, want to check up on
how your 'rivals' did, or want to see the results of a specific sprint? You
can now do all of that athttp://naqcc.info/contests.html.

Tips for successful sprinting can be found at:

http://naqcc.info/sprint_tips.html

* John K3WWP - 100% CW / QRP - Proudly promoting Morse Code:
*
* As NAQCC VP - # 0002 FC # 1 -http://naqcc.info/
*
* As FISTS Keynote QRP Columnist - # 2002 -http://www.fists.org/